Summer Marketing Tips that Sizzle!
Summer days are here again, which means it’s time to start thinking about the cool vibe of summertime promotions. Social interaction is aplenty, eating outdoors is a must and parties are held almost every week – hence summer campaigns can be very successful if planned correctly. Tap into the spirit of the season with sizzling deals, outdoor events and summer-themed promotions.
- Continue to focus on red, white and blue
- Refresh your store by adding summer vibrant colors
- Offer a variety of summer themed cookies, cupcakes and other mini desserts
- Host an outdoor event (i.e. ice cream social) to get to know your community and draw in new customers
- Get creative with summer foods (i.e. hot dog bar complete with sauerkraut, red peppers, pickles, relish, onions, ketchup, mustard, etc.)
The Sweet Taste of Summertime Grilling
Nothing announces the arrival of summer like the aroma of hamburgers and hotdogs sizzling on the grill. Firing up the outdoor grill builds excitement around your grilling campaign. Provide recipes and cooking tips, along with creative ways to enhance summertime entertaining with family and friends. Shoppers are likely to leave with not only a few pounds of protein, but condiments, prepared salads, chips, beer and more.
- Provide a wider variety of grilling cuts along with cooking tips to fuel inspiration
- Fresh produce is a natural tie-in to summer barbecues – cross-promote meat, poultry and seafood with potatoes, peppers, onions, corn and mushrooms
- Offer grab and go meal kits for the grill to provide time-saving convenience
- Cross merchandise hamburger/hotdog buns and garlic bread in the meat department
- Include key items in your grilling display – charcoal, oven mitts, kebob skewers, grilling brushes and other accessories
Grilling promotions are no longer a summer-only event. It extends into prime football tailgating season this fall, with promotional support planned to drive sales and increase basket size through October.
Father’s Day (June 16th):
This year, make Father’s Day your big kickoff to summertime engagement with a campaign focused on honoring and celebrating dads. While it’s not as big as the day dedicated to moms, consumers still increase their spending quite a bit – an estimated $15.5 billion. Ideas and inspiration are key to connecting with consumers as they search for what to give their loved ones in celebration of the upcoming holiday.
- Create a prominent display showcasing your dad-centric items
- Merchandise Father’s Day gift items with your grilling display for incremental sales
- Host an event – beer tasting or a mock barbecue
Key Bakery Items:
- Father’s Day themed message cookies, cupcakes and brownies
- Artisan hamburger and hot dog buns
- King’s Hawaiian roles
Key Deli Items:
- Grab and go party trays
- Chicken meal deals
- Sub sandwiches
- Deli salads in large containers (3 lbs. or more)
Ultimately, June is a great time to get shoppers engaged, as hot weather leaves them feeling energized and spontaneous. So, watcha wadin’ for – dive into sizzlin’ summer promotions and watch your sales soar!